Wizkid Net Worth
What is wizkid net worth?
Wizkid is a Nigerian international pop star that has been ruling the African music scene for more than 6 years now. He has an estimated net worth of $18 million presently.
Wizkid is signed to RCA Records and Starboy Music Group which he co-founded with Drake. His album “Ayo” which was released in 2015 ranked number one on Billboard’s World Albums Chart for six consecutive weeks.
His single “One Dance” went triple platinum in US and became the first song by a Nigerian artist to be nominated at the 2017 Grammy Awards for Record Of The Year.
It feels good when you have someone that loves you so much that they want to spend their money to show it off! Let’s find out how much Wizkid is really worth! He has amassed a net worth of $6 million as of 2017.
He’s released multiple albums and singles, but what are his net worth details? Read on to find out! Wizkid has an estimated net worth of $8 million US dollars (as of 2018).
His income comes from records sold, concerts, endorsements and other ventures he takes part in. Wizkid’s career will only continue to grow bigger as time goes on because it seems like there is no stopping him!
He was born into poverty with four siblings who also sang. He eventually dropped out of school at age 14 due to financial hardship and started singing professionally shortly after. You may know this singer by his stage.
Being a multi-talented singer, producer and entertainer that has grown from humble beginnings in Lagos Nigeria to become Africa’s most decorated artist. His music transcends language barriers as he collaborates with artists internationally which have led him to be the first African male solo act on Spotify’s Global Top 50 Chart.
With his album Starboy up for nomination at The Artist of Year (The AOY) Music Awards due out January 8th 2018 Wizkid continues to pave new ground and touches people around the world through social media while always staying true Nigerian roots by never forgetting where he came from.
One of Africa’s biggest artists, Wizkid is the most decorated Nigerian artist ever (the most decorated African artist internationally) and one of the greatest Afro-pop stars in recent memory. He has a net worth $18 million.
Wizkid Net Worth: $18 Million
Background And Career
Wizkid, born Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun on 16 July 1990, in Surulere, Lagos. He grew up with twelve female siblings and his mother is a Pentecostal Christian while his father practices Islam.
Wizkid attended Ijebu Ode Grammar School and he has three wives from which one of them is Fela Kuti’s daughter Selma Obiageli Ade who often appears onstage as backup dancer for him during live concerts.
In 2012 interview with Tim Westwood on BBC Radio 1Xtra stopover, the Nigerian pop star said that “his father has three wives.” As evidence by another Factory 78 TV, it emerged that WizKid formed an all.
Wizkid’s story is one of a kind. Wizkid, aka Lil Prinz, was an upcoming artist in the Nigerian music scene before his contract with OJB Jezeel came to end and he changed stage name from ‘Lil prinz’ to Woogie; then later on after meeting producer Dj Coublon at Point Beat Studios for some studio sessions- started getting more serious about making his way back into the game by working hard on new songs like “Naughty” which had became popular among fans.
WizKid managed release album that time but disbanded six months following due lack funds when met DJ coulon who encouraged him make comeback through song Naughty becoming viral hit. But it wasn’t just music during this period as he got close friends like 2Face Idibia and Sound Sultan shortly after being mentored by Naeto C himself!
Wizkid is now a world renowned rapper. He released his first single, “Ojuelegba” in 2009 and later went on to sign with Empire Mates Entertainment for an undisclosed amount of money. Shortly after he was working closely with Banky W., Naeto C, Ikechukwu & M.I who were all big names at the time themselves but Wizkid managed to outshine them by producing tracks that everyone loved including “Omoge You Too Much” which became platinum certified within four days!
In recent years fans have been waiting anxiously for new music from this superstar-to-be so when they finally got their hands on some fresh tunes it’s no wonder many people are interested in what else has happened since.
Wizkid’s debut album Superstar was released in 2009 and he had a number of hits including “Holla at Your Boy.” The song won him an award for best pop single. He also received the Next Rated Award from Headies 2011, but his most notable win came when Hyundai awarded him with their 2012 Sonata as recognition for being one of Nigeria’s top musicians.
Wizkid has been nominated for Best Pop Single by Channel O Music Awards-nominated video which features some celebrities like Ice Prince, PraizyKisser and others that make up part of the remix to his popular hit Holla At Your Boi
Wizkid began recording his debut studio album Superstar in 2009 while releasing “Holla at Your Boy”
Wizkid released the album’s second single on April 2nd of 2010. The song was originally just a freestyle rap, but it gained popularity and became their most successful track from the Superstar Album. On December 6th in 2010, they started releasing singles off the upcoming release with “Don’t Dull” being one of them.
They also recorded songs in English and Yoruba languages as well incorporating Afrobeats into some tracks while using R&B for others to create an experimental soundscape that would be hard to find anywhere else!
On April 2nd Wizkid released his solo debut studio album titled SUPERSTAR through Empire Mates Entertainment after signing onto Timi Dakolo’s imprint label earlier this year – making him only 16.
He first gained recognition in 2009 with the release of his remix of “Hey Girl” by Davido, and then went on to produce several hits such as “Soco,” which hit number one single for five consecutive weeks.
In an interview, Wizkid said he released Superstar because people wanted him to give them more music than just singles or few songs every now and again so he made this album that will be filled from top-to-bottom with what they want!
The event’s performers gave it a star-studded cast, featuring the likes of Banky W from Nigeria and Skales. Hundreds of screaming fans gathered to see their favorite musicians perform for one night only in Johannesburg.
There is a show was hosted by comedian Ayo Makun who enthralled guests with laughter before handing over hosting duties to Ebuka Obi-Uchenduonor (Ebuking) as he thanked his wife and children on stage for supporting him throughout his career.
The first award given out at this year’s ceremony was Best Album Of The Year which went Superstar album by Nigerian singer Wizkid; followed up closely by Kiss Daniel whose debut single “Waje Wati”
Wizkid’s knack for finding success in the entertainment industry is astounding, as he has amassed a fortune that will embarrass his parents. His most recent deals coming with MTN and Pepsi are no exception to this trend; Wizkid earns $350K from both companies annually thanks to their endorsements of him on social media platforms like Instagram or Twitter!
You may not know it but Nigerian singer Wizkid has been feeling himself since 2010 when he first started rapping in English and releasing popular songs like “Ojuelegba”. His accomplishments don’t stop there either; in 2011, before partnering up with MTN Nigeria – winning over 200 awards at events around the globe was just scratching the surface of how far this superstar could go as an international artist on top brands such as Coca Cola’s Sprite or Huawei Technologies
In 2012, Wizkid signed a one-year endorsement deal with Pepsi reportedly worth $350,000 U.S. He travelled to Beirut Lebanon with Tiwa Savage for a Pepsi commercial shoot where they were gifted personalized bottles by Lebanese singer Myriam Fares who had just released an album called “Pepsi Beats.” On 28 May 2013 Premium Times reported that after signing five new sponsorship contracts last.
In 2013, Wizkid signed an endorsement deal with Guinness for the Guinness World of More concert. The show was held at Eko Hotel and Suites on Victoria Island in Lagos; this contract means that as long as Wizkid drinks or endorses their product he will be compensated by them.
A year later, in June 2015 Pulse Nigeria reported that MTN had lost a ₦128 million (USD $500 thousand) sponsorship to GLO Telecoms Limited when they decided not to renew his 3-year mobile phone agreement which ended last December 2014 after fulfilling all contractual obligations including media appearances during its tenure.”
Wizkid, Nigerian Afrobeats singer and songwriter is in the spotlight for his three sons with three different women. Wizkids first son Boluwatife Balogun by a woman called shola Ogudu which was birth on May 13th 2011. His next two children Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun Jr (born January 15 2016) and Zion Ayo Balogun (born October 28 2017).
Wizkid revealed his style icons and plans for a clothing line during an interview with Alex Frank of Vogue magazine in February 2015. Wizk, who wears both street wear and traditional Nigerian clothes, cited Pharrell Williams as one of the many fashion influences on his own look.
You Need To Know
• Wizkid, a Nigerian singer and producer from Lagos, Nigeria began recording music at the age of 11. As an up-and-coming artist in his early 20s Wizkid signed with Empire Mates Entertainment (E.M.E) releasing four albums including “Superstar.” He’s worked alongside big names like Justin Bieber, Drake and Snoop Dogg among others as well performing on TV shows like Jimmy Kimmel Live!
• He started out singing gospel songs for church members but later took to making hip hop beats before signing with EME Records where he released several successful records; one being Superstar which featured collaborations by some impressive artists such as Nicki Minaj & Chris Brown while also working closely with international pop stars like Rihanna.
•Wizkid is a Nigerian singer that has been making music since the age of 11. He released his first album in 2010 which he recorded with The Glorious Five, a group consisting of Wiz’s friends from church. In 2009, Wiz signed to Empire Mates Entertainment and began releasing hit songs such as “Hush Up,” “Ojuelegba” ft Drake and Kyla Laundry Service.”
• The international sensation started at an early age; singing gospel tunes while playing keyboard for fun before recording studio albums at eleven years old. At 16, after attending boarding school in Nigeria and moving back home due to illness ,he watched as local acts like D’banj found success abroad . When he was 18-years
• Wizkid, a Nigerian musician and songwriter is now known worldwide. Last year he collaborated with Drake on the global hit “One Dance.” The track reached number one in 15 countries including America, Canada and Australia. In March of this year Wizkid was signed to RCA Records for his debut album releasing later this fall!
• In 2016 Wizkid’s international recognition grew following his collaboration with Drake on their chart-topping single “One Dance” which became an instant success around the world reaching #1 status in 15 different countries like America, England & Nigeria. Shortly after signing up as an artist under record label giant Sony Music Entertainment Africa (SMEA), they announced that Omar will be working towards presenting new music by November 2017 via SM
• Wizkid has been making waves in the music industry for a few years now. He recently released his third studio album that served as his major label debut and was primarily Caribbean-influenced record which he supported with five singles: “Daddy Yo”, “Sweet Love”, “Come Closer” , “African Bad Gyal” and “Naughty Ride”. This year, Wizkid became the first Afrobeats musician to appear in Guinness World Records!
• Wizkid is one of the world’s most famous Nigerian artists, with a Grammy award under his belt. He was featured on Beyoncé’s The Lion King: The Gift project in 2019 and has released four albums since 2012. His latest album Made in Lagos peaked at number 1 on Billboard World Album Chart for seven consecutive weeks after release last October 2020.
• Wizkid rose to fame as an independent artist when he uploaded “Holla At Your Boy” onto YouTube back in 2010; soon enough this led him into collaborating with some big names including Drake (2011), Justin Bieber(2012) among many more globally known musicians/artists such Wiz Khalifa, Chris Brown etc which gave him global recognition- leading up to being nominated.
Wizkid has a net worth estimated at $18 million, which is pretty impressive considering he’s only 30 going to 31 years old. He’s been nominated for multiple awards and won two MTV Europe Music Awards in 2014 as well as the BET Award for Best International Act Africa in 2015.
His most recent album “Sounds from the Other Side” was released on November 25th, 2017 and debuted number one on Billboard 200 chart with his first-week sales tallying 129,000 copies sold. With an upcoming tour planned to start this summer 2018 and new music coming out soon we can expect that figure to grow!