Thomas Dexter Jakes Sr. was born in South Charleston, West Virginia, U.S. on June 9th 1957 and is best known as T. D. Jakes- a bishop, author and successful filmmaker who has over 1 million followers to his sermons watched across the world through The Potter’s Touch TV network or online at www.pottershouse.org
|Real Name||Thomas Dexter Jakes|
|Date Of Birth||June 9, 1957|
|Place Of Birth||South Charleston, West Virginia, U.S.|
|Professional||Bishop, author, filmmaker, motivational speaker|
|Spouse||Serita Jamison (m. 1981)|
|Served||Potter’s House Church In Dallas, Texas|
I am not sure how many of you are familiar with this man but he is an American Bishop that works for one of America’s most popular churches called “The Potters House.” He does everything from preaching church services which are broadcasted worldwide by cable television channels such as “Potter’s touch” to writing books like Scandalous: A Rags To Riches Story Of One Woman.
Born on June 9, 1957 in South Charleston, West Virginia to Thomas and Naomi Jakes. T.D., as he is commonly referred to by fans of his ministry work can trace back his heritage with the earliest recorded ancestor being Moses Bannister who was born a slave around 1850 near Warrenton Junction VA.
T.D Jakes is a 63 year old American minister and author who’s inspirational messages have touched millions of lives around the world.
He was born on June 9th, 1957 in South Charleston West Virginia where he attended school until his early twenties with no intention to pursue any form of higher education because that wasn’t what you were “supposed” do if your family didn’t want it for you as well- yet Tertius Diggs would soon find out just how wrong they were!
T.D Jakes was born on June 9, 1957 in South Charleston West Virginia and grew up in Vandalia West Virginia where he attended a Pentecostal Church with his mother every Sunday morning for worship service after which they would go to the cookhouse at her sister’s house down the road.
T D Jakes was born in south charleston west virginia and has grown up there until age of 12 when moved to vandalia a pentacosta church is located near by their home so it became part of T D life since birth as well as living just 5 minutes from an auntie who loved cooking southern food like fried chicken or macaroni salad.
Bishop T.D.Jakes has a very interesting life story, spanning from his humble beginnings to the heights of international fame and success in business and leadership roles as he continues to inspire others worldwide today
I’m sure you’ve heard about Bishop TD Jakes before! He’s an film Producer, televangelist, author, preacher, writer, evangelist, minister, life Coach, actor and motivational speaker, who came up from being raised by impoverished parents in North Carolina during segregation with only $3 dollars on him at one point–to becoming recognized internationally for not just preaching but actually living God’s word through service work domestically and abroad while inspiring millions around the world each day!
T.D. Jakes is married to Serita since 1981, He’s been with her for more than 30 years!
Serita and T. D both have successful careers in ministry but when the couple was just starting out of college they had a difficult time making ends meet because only one person could work at a time as their skills were needed by different churches or organizations on Sundays;
This meant that neither of them got enough hours even though they wanted to make better money so that they can balance each others’ incomes against expenses like rent and food bills without sacrificing too much quality-time together while still living off campus from school where an apartment would be unaffordable for them financially wise due to lack of adequate savings during those days before.
T.D. Jakes has an online presence at tdjakes.com, where you can find his latest sermons and teachings from the pulpit as well as information about how to book him for your next event!
T.D.Jake’s site leads with a list of sermon titles that are easy enough to digest in one sitting so be sure not put it off until tomorrow because there may not even be time left today.
T.D. Jakes has written some truly inspirational books for all walks of life, and his wisdom will guide you to living a fulfilled live that is closer than ever with God!
Some of T.D.’s published works are: “Intimacy With God,” “Loved by,” “Before You Throw in the Towel” (which he co-authored), “Naked And Not Ashamed?” , ”Loose That Man And Let Him Go? (“Positioning Yourself To Prosper”)
In his book Intimacy With God, t.d.jakes explores the importance of having a personal relationship with deity and how this positive interaction can lead to other successes in life such as happiness or financial security.
He stresses that embracing vulnerability is key to forging these relationships which are often found outside our comfort zones but provide nourishment for the soul when made possible through faith-based interactions while on Earth.
T.D.Jakes Other Books
• Reposition Yourself: Living a Life Without Limits
• He-Motions: Even Strong Men Struggle
• Help! I’m Raising My Children Alone: A Guide for Single Ladies and Those Who Sometimes Feel They Are
• Ten Commandments of Working in a Hostile Environment
• Promises From God For Single Women
Woman, Thou Art Loosed: Healing the Wounds of the Past
• Woman, Thou Art Loosed Devotional
• The Lady, Her Lover, and Her Lord
• Maximize the Moment : God’s Action Plan for Your Life
• So You Call Yourself a Man?: Finally… a Devotional for Ordinary Men with Extraordinary Potential
• God’s Leading Lady
• His Lady
• Jesus Walks (with me)
• Lay Aside the Weight
• Daddy Loves His Girls
• The Greatest Investment
• Mama Made the Difference
• TD Jakes Speaks to Men
• Overcoming the Enemy
• From the Cross to Pentecost
• Life Overflowing: Six Pillars for Abundant Living
• Not Easily Broken in 2006
• Before You Do: Making Great Decisions That You Won’t Regret in 2008, Atria Books. ISBN 978-1-4165-4728-0
• The Memory Quilt: A Christmas Story for Our Times in 2009
• Let it Go: Forgive So You Can Be Forgiven in 2012
• Instinct: The Power To Unleash Your Inborn Drive, 2014, Hachette Book Group. ISBN 1455554049
• Destiny: Step Into Your Purpose, August 2015, Hachette Book Group. ISBN 978-1-4555-5397-6
• Soar!: Build Your Vision from the Ground Up, 2017, FaithWords.
• Crushing: God Turns Pressure Into Power, April 2019, Hachette Book Group.
Jakes is one of the most influential religious leaders in America and has been honored with numerous awards for his music.
In 2003, he won “Best Gospel or Chorus Album” at the 46th Grammy Awards for A Wing and a Prayer which was also nominated twice as well by Dove Award nominations.
Jakes’ message reaches millions through TV appearances on PBS Religion & Ethics Newsweekly where they named him among America’s top 10 Religious Leaders, Time magazine featured a cover story about him September 17, 2001 that asked if this man will be Billy Graham ?
T.D.Jakes Net Worth
T.d.jakes is a prolific, successful person with no shortage of hobbies and talents to pursue; he’s an author, preacher, life coach among other things by trade – but also has made himself known as one of the most prominent televangelists ever since his career started in 1986 when TBN (The Trinity Broadcasting Network) was first founded. He currently stars on the show ‘Keeping up With The Kardashians’.
Which airs every Sunday night at 9pm EST/PST making it available for viewing internationally thanks to America’s fascination with reality tv shows like this one featuring infamy movie star Kim Kardashian who happens to be married into North Korea royalty through her marriage tie-in that she forged years ago before becoming Mrs Kanye West.
T.d.jakes is an actor, minister, author and preacher who has been in the entertainment industry since his childhood – he first began acting at age 4! He’s earned a net worth of $20 million throughout his many ventures in film productions as well as television broadcasting; when not on-screen or behind a camera T.d.jake’s got books to sell like “The World According To You: A Guidebook For Everyday Living,” which are reportedly read by some 500 thousand people around the world every year.
T.D.Jake Net Worth: $20 Million
T.d.jakes is a popular preacher with over 5 million followers on Instagram
The Reverend T.D Jakes has been an ordained minister for 40 years and his ministry, the Potter’s House in Dallas Texas, claims to have grown from 30 members into one of the largest church congregations in America today-with more than 20 thousand people attending services there each week!
He also appears as himself regularly on shows like “Housewives” and features prominently among Oprah Winfrey’s influential friends list On top of all that he manages to rack up almost 6 million followers across social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Skout, Vine and more.
Follow T.D. Jakes on Instagram for daily inspiration from the man who doesn’t take a day off!
Follow Bishop T. D. Jakes every day and share his wisdom with your friends using this handy link: https://www/instagramcom/bishopjakess/. The bishop’s new posts are always worth checking out, so make sure you never miss one of them again by following him now!
Bishop Jakes has successfully grown his facebook page followers to 992K as well!
T.D Jakes has a huge facebook following which is the reason why he’s one of America’s most well-known religious leaders!
T.d.jake offers daily messages on his page to uplift and inspire followers while also sharing motivational quotes, videos, Bible verses and more from other sources as well for fans to enjoy.
Bishop T.d.jakes is the pastor of The Potter’s House, a non-denominational charismatic megachurch with over five thousand members and an average congregation size of six hundred people on Sundays in Dallas.
The bishop has a followers up to one million people on Facebook. You’ll get the latest updates from his ministry right to your feed if you visit Bishop TdJake .
Do you know about Bishop T D Jakes? He’s one of America’s most influential spiritual leaders, and he can be found at tdjakes.
The website is updated with all kinds of information such as messages for specific occasions or events in life like birthdays, anniversaries etcetera – along with sermons by this top preacher himself!
You Need To This About T.D.Jakes
- His name before fame (Thomas Dexter) goes to show how deeply rooted religion has been for him all along as does he preach every Sunday at The Potter’s House, a place of worship which belongs to TBN – Trinity Broadcasting Network founded by Paul Crouch Sr., an evangelist himself-alongside wife Janice Douds and their two sons Matt & Nicky . This makes it clear why TDBJ isn’t shy about preaching what he believes!
- T.D. Jakes is an American religious figure that has been preaching for more than 30 years, and he’s only in his 50s! His most recent book “Healing The Wounds” was published last year to great reviews from the public as well as fellow clergy members who want their own congregations to be able to share this amazing message with others like them across the country.
- Thomas Dexter “T. D.” Jakes has been called one of America’s most influential preachers for good reason: He draws more than 20 million viewers per week through broadcasts that are seen internationally via cable TV networks such as BET and Food Network or streamed live across social media platforms like Facebook Live.
- Born on June 9th 1957 in South Charleston WV , this proud American icon began life very much at odds.
- T: D.: a minister of religion (Bishop) born June 9th, 1957. Took over Potter’s House at age 25 after being mentored by founders Rev C L Franklin & Daddy Grace; Member of Alpha Omega International Ministries Board of Directors- CEO Christian Television Network.
- In 1968, while still in highschool Jakes began preaching at an African Methodist Episcopal Church which lead him being ordained as its pastor two years later when only 19yrs old . With this new found title came immense success: by age 25.
- T.D. Jakes is a renowned preacher who typically speaks to huge crowds at church events across the country, as well as on TV networks such as BET and TBN during their worship services. His preaching style has been lauded by many high-profile religious figures in America like Rick Warren of Saddleback Church for his prowess with delivering an inspiring sermon that simultaneously inspires “joy” while imparting deep spiritual truths and wisdom from Scripture.
- Bishop T.J Jakes started out as an author, filmmaker, motivational speaker but now at age 61 he can say that Bishop just being one word isn’t enough – He’s currently hosting “The Potter’s Touch” on The Word Network; lead pastor of World Assemblies-Christians Church International based in Dallas Texas (WACCI); Board Chairman Emeritus for Radio One Inc.; founder and president of Feeding America nationally recognized hunger relief organization with more than 200 member food banks across all 50 states; Co-Founder/Chairman – National Day.
- He also hosts his own talk show called TALK Live! His website provides information about upcoming services at The Potter’s House among other resources for followers to use both online or offline throughout their faith journey with him.
- T.D.Jakes is not an ordinary man by any means as this southern country boy has risen through the ranks of society becoming one of America’s favorite preachers who many look upto for guidance and inspiration during their darkest times; that all started thanks to him being raised right back home in The Mountain State after graduating from Vandalia High School just downriver-side!