Michael Richard “Mike” Pence popularly known as Mike pence is an American politician born on 7 June 1959 in Columbus, Indiana. He has been 48th Vice President of the United States of America during Donald Trump’s presidency.
Mike Pence father is the manager Edward Pence and he was born and brought up in a Catholic home and wish to be a priest. He graduated from Hanover College and later enrolled and graduated from Indiana University School of Law in Indianapolis. Mike pence worked as a lawyer and talk show host.
Mike pence is a politician born on June 7, 1959, which means that Mike pence is 61 years old while he will be 65 years old on 7th of June in 2024.
Mike pence age: 61 years old( 7 June 2020)
Mike Pence get married to Karen Sue Batten in 1985 and their union is bless with three children. He change from Catholic to the Grace Evangelical Church and all his family committed to this Grace Evangelical church.
Pence started his political career at a young age as a supporter of democracy while Jimmy Carter was elected in the 1980 Presidential election, his political point of view change during his studies. He ran for a seat in the United State House of Representatives in 1986 and 1988 but lost to Philip R.Sharp, he never relent but ran again in 2000 and he won the seat after the former official holder known as David M. McIntosh had not run for governor. As a good politician, his picture go viral on every US media as a possible candidate for the 2008 presidential election but decided to go against contesting. Pence was re-elected accordingly most recently in 2010 and he was also announced in May 2011 that he did not want to run for a member of the Bundestag but seek the office of Indiana governor and he later left the Congress on 3rd January 2013.
In spring 2012 he was nominated by his party as a candidate for the upcoming gubernatorial election. The election in early November 2012 decided Pence with 49.6 percent of the vote against 46.4 percent of his Democratic rival John R. Gregg for himself and took up the post of governor on January 14, 2013. He replaced his party colleague Mitch Daniels , who was not allowed to run for two terms.
Mike Pence was nominated by his party as the flag bearer of their party for the upcoming gubernatorial election in 2012. The election which was held in early November 2012 in which pence lead having 49.6 percent of the vote while his Democratic rival called R. Gregg has 46.4 percent and governor on 14th of January 2013. When Pence govern, he made tax cuts that were primarily intended to lead to more economic growth. Pence give project whose mission is to give more citizens health insurance.
US Vice President
Trump and pence inauguration took place on. January 20, 2017, pence was sworn into his new office at his request by judge clearance Thomas and change Joe Biden as deputy president.
Pence role as president of the Senate to direct the vote to please the new Minister for Education the man known to be Betst Devos on 7th of February 2017. The fully attended vote ended to be draw for the two Republicans who bear the names Lisa Murkowski and Susan Collins voted with the Democratics. Pence as vice president comfirming the cabinet member was the first time in American history.
On 8th of October 2016 pence got into the nation headlines during the football game though he left the stadium after some African-American player knelt when chanting the nation anthem to fight against racism on and police violence against blacks during the protests, the African-American action(Kneeling while chanting national anthem) to fight against racism course the US president Trump to violently attacked some players and accused them of disrespect. According to what US media reported, Trump asked his deputy to leave the arena to express his feeling of being displeased with their action.
Pence is one of the US politician with huge followers and if you want to follow pence on Instagram you can follow @Mikepence.
Instagram Followers: 1.4 Million
You Need To Know
• Mike pence was one of the house of representative member in US from 2001 to 2013 and also rule Indiana as governor for the year of 2013 to 2017.
• Mike Pence eldest brother called Greg Pence has held the sixth seat of the Indiana state in the United States House of Representatives since 2019.
• As pence speaks for learn state during his regime as a governor public spending was cut. Few period after taking office he called for a debt brake to be anchored in the state’s constitution.
• Amazing good Governor,pence approved an expansion of health care reform by President Obamato though he rejects this reform from 2010 at the federal level in 2015.
• Pence term of office as governor ended as scheduled on 9th of January 2017. the previous lieutenant governor became his successor Eric Holcomb was elected in November 2016.
• He use a private email account occasionally as Indiana governor for business purposes which was later reported by the US newspaper March 2, 2016 although a hacker attack was carried out on the account.