Anthony Fauci: Age, Career, Parents, Spouse, Children And Net Worth
Anthony Fauci is an American born on December 24, 1940 in New York City in USA, his Anthony Stephen Fauci by birth name. He has been married to Christine Grady since 1985. They are bless with three children.
Who is Anthony Fauci?
Anthony Fauci is an American physician and immunologist who has served in National Institute Of Allergy And Infectious Diseases (NIAID) as director in 1984. His one of the picked leading and trusted member for the Trump administration’s white House Corona virus Task Force addressing the Covid-19 pandemic in the USA from the beginning of 2020.
How old is Anthony Fauci?
Anthonhy Fauci birth name is Anthony Stephen Fauci, he was born on 24th of December 1940 in Brooklyn, New York City, US. Which means that Anthony Fauci will be 80 years old on December 24, 2020 while he will be 85 years old on December 24, 2025.
Anthonhy Fauci Age: 80 years old(Dec. 24, 2020)
Anthonhy Fauci Age: 85 years old (Dec.24, 2025)
Anthony Fauci was born to a great family of Stephen A. Fauci and Eugenia Abys Fauci, they own a pharmacy. Fauci father graduated from Columbus University as pharmacist, he work as a pharmacist while his mother and sister Denise worked the register and Fauci delivered prescriptions.
Father’s Name: Stephen A. Fauci
Mother’s Name: Eugenia Abys Fauci
pharmacy was located in the Dyker Heights section of Brooklyn directly beneath the family apartment, formerly in the Bensonhurst neighborhood.
List of President
Here are the list of president Anthonhy Fauci has work with. They are:
• Ronald Reagan
• George H.W. Bush
• Bill Clinton
• George W. Bush
• Barack Obama
• Donald Trump
Fauci went to Regis High School in Manhattan’s Upper East Side where he was the captained of the school’s basketball team and graduated from the school in 1958 for his high level education and later gained admission to the college of the Holy Cross and he graduated bagging a Bachelor Of Art degree. Fauci proceeded is education by attending medical school at Cornell University Medical College where he graduated in 1966 with first in his class as a Doctor of Medicine.
Anthony Fauci started is career with National Institutes Of Health (NIH) as a Clinical associate in the Laboratory of Clinical Investigation (LCI) at the National Institutes Of Allergy and Infections Diseases. He started leading as the head of the Clinical Physiology Section, LCT in 1974 and he was appointed as chief of the Laboratory of Immunoregulation.
He moved ahead in 1984 to be the director of NIAID which he holds up till date(2020). He is responsible for an extensive research portfolio of basic and applied research on infectious and immune mediated illnesses. He rejected many offers to lead his agency’s parent which is the NIH and has been at the forefront of U.S efforts to fight against the viral diseases like HIV/AIDS, SARS, the 2009 swine flu pandemic, MERS, Ebola and COVID-19.
Fauci played a unforgettable role in the early 2000s creating the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief and in driving development of biodefense drugs and vaccines following the 9/11 terrorist attacks. He has worked to develop strategies for the therapy and immune reconstitution of patients with the disease as well as for a vaccine to prevent HIV infection. His currently making a research on identifying the nature of the immunopathogenic mechanisms of HIV infection and the scope of the body’s immune responses to HIV.
Anthony Fauci has become member of several organization,some of the organizations are:
• The National Academy of Sciences
• The American Academy of Arts and Sciences
• The National Academy of Medicine
• The American Philosophical Society
• The Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters
Professional societies are:
• The American Society for Clinical Investigation
• The Infectious Diseases Society of America
• The American Association of Immunologists
Fauci serves on the editorial boards of many scientific journals, as an editor of Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine, and as author, coauthor, or editor of more than 1,000 scientific publications, including several textbooks.
Fauci get married to a lady called Christine Grady in 1985, the couple met while treating a patient. Christine Grady is a nurse and bioethicist with the National Institutes Of Health (NIH), she is also the chief of the department of Bioethicist at the NIH clinical center. The union are bless with three children.
Anthony Fauci is an expert physician and immunologist who made around three hundred and eighty four thousand dollars in 2018 while working as a medical officer at the National Institutes of Health at Bethesda in Maryland. He jas worked for the National Institutes of Health for up to fourteen years and they started with $200,000 for him as salary in 2018.
According to our source, we are made to understand that his earnings is higher than other medical officer’s salaries. Fauci actual net worth is under review but with the amount Anthony fauci do earn as salary, his net worth is likely to be around million dollars.
Awards and Honors
Fauci has won so many awards and he has also be honor in so many event. Some of the awards and Honors are:
• Arthur S. Flemming Award in 1979.
• Honorary Doctor of Science, Bates College in 1993.
• Ernst Jung Prize (shared with Samuel A. Wells, Jr.) in 1995.
• Honorary Doctor of Science, Duke University in 1995.
• Honorary Doctor of Science, Colgate University in 1996.
• Honorary Doctor of Public Service Degree, Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania in 1999.
• Albany Medical Center Prize in 2002.
• American Academy of Achievement’s Golden Plate Award in 2003.
• National Medal of Science in 2005.
• American Association of Immunologists Lifetime Achievement Award in 2005.
• Mary Woodard Lasker Public Service Award in 2007.
• George M. Kober Medal, Association of American Physicians in 2007.
• Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2008
• UCSF medal in 2013
• Robert Koch Gold Medal in 2013
• Prince Mahidol Award in 2013
• Honorary Degree, Johns Hopkins University in 2015.
• John Dirks Canada Gairdner Global Health Award in 2018
• Honorary Doctor of Science, commencement speaker, American University in 2018.
• Honorary Doctor of Science, Boston University in 2018.
Things You Need To Know
• Anthony Fauci is a member of the White House Coronavirus Task Force established in late January 2020, under President Trump, to deal with the coronavirus pandemic.
• Anthony Fauci has served American public health in various ways for many years (50 years plus) and has been an advisor to every U.S president started from president Ronald Reagan and still with president Donald Trump.
• As a great scientist and also the head of the NIAID at the NIH. He is one of the scientist that made a contribution to HIV and AIDS research and other immunodeficiency diseases.
• Anthony Fauci completed an internship and residency in internal medicine at the New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center, now known as New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medicine.
• Fauci’s paternal grandparents whose name are Antonino Fauci and Calogera Guardino were from Sciacca in Italy while His maternal grandmother (Raffaella Trematerra) is from Naples in Italy was a seamstress.
• Fauci’s maternal grandfather called Giovanni Abys was born in Switzerland and was an artist recognised for landscape and portrait painting, magazine illustrations (Italy) as well as graphic design for commercial labels one of them is olive oil cans.
• As a great physician, he has made important scientific observations that contributed to the understanding of regulation of the human immune response and is recognized for delineating the mechanisms whereby immunosuppressive agents adapt to that response.
• Stanford University Arthritis Center Survey of the American Rheumatism Association in 1985, Fauci’s work was ranked by membership on the treatment of polyarteritis nodosa and granulomatosis with polyangiitis as one of the most important advances in patient management in rheumatology over the previous 20 years.
• He contributed to enlighten people on how HIV destroys the body’s defenses leading to the progression to AIDS and also He outlined the mechanisms of induction of HIV expression by endogenous cytokines.
• Fauci is one of those that worked to develop strategies for the therapy and immune reconstitution of patients with the disease, as well as for a vaccine to prevent HIV infection.
Immunologist: Immunologist is a person who studies or practices medicine in the area of immunology.
Immunology: Immunology is the branch of medicine that studies the body’s immune system.
Immunodeficiency: According to wiki Immunodeficiency or immunocompromise is a state in which the immune system’s ability to fight infectious disease and cancer is compromised or entirely absent.
physician: Physician is a practitioner of physic, i.e. a specialist in internal medicine, especially as opposed to a surgeon; a practitioner who treats with medication rather than with surgery.
pharmacy: pharmacy is a place where prescription drugs are dispensed or a dispensary.
Pharmacist: pharmacist is a professional who dispenses prescription drugs in a hospital or retail pharmacy.